Digitals, also known as Polaroids are natural snapshots intended to show an agency or client what a model currently looks like. DIgitals are a models best friend, digitals are a gateway to better shoots and more work, and is standard industry practice. Digitals gives the photographer an exact idea of what you look like at the present time, the condition of your skin and hair, the color of your hair, etc. We will use these photos to send to the rest of the team in order to find a specific spread that we feel fits your look, or to clients who are looking to hire models for upcoming projects or campaigns. Because of this we want to see you in the most natural way possible. Digitals need to be up to date and taken with the highest quality camera you can get. Camera phones are ok if that is all you have access to, but try and use at a minimum a Point and Shoot camera. Please read the guidelines below and shoot your digitals over to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject line “Digitals”.
- Clean face with NO MAKEUP
- NO RETOUCHING, FILTERS ETC
- Remove all jewelry and accessories
- Pull hair back into a ponytail
- Clothing must be simple and show shape ( Ex: Jeans and white tank / bra and panties. )
- Photos should be taken against a plain, non distracting wall.
- Try to avoid hard light or flash. Simple clean soft light. ( Natural Light Preferred )
Photo 1: Headshot ( Blank Face )
Photo 2: Headshot ( Smiling )
Photo 3: Headshot ( Profile )
Photo 4: Full body ( Let your body fall naturally with your arms at your side )
Photo 5: Full body ( Profile )